The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones leads to a rise of "wolf" dogs in animal shelters
Game of Thrones like many show does have animals. They have wolf dogs. That would be Huskies, Akitas, Malamutes and other large breeds. People watch the show and want the same type of dog. Once they have the dogs they find they are more difficult to look after than they thought, so the dog ends up at an animal shelter.

www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/8916074/game-of-thrones-abandoned-pet-wolf-dogs-are-on-the-rise-thanks-to-hit-series-game-of-thrones/

After popular movies and shows animal shelters end up a large number of whatever animal was featured in the show. People rush to have a pet that they haven't really prepared for. They don't persevere with the animal and learn how to look after it properly. They just drop it at the shelter. Now the shelters have to find ways to rehome these dogs. Sadly these are big dogs and they are not suitable for all people. 

I wish the breeders of these dogs would be more careful about who they sell the dogs to. I wish people would think before they buy pets. I wish shows would be careful about how they portray animals in their show. A dog is for the rest of its life, not just for as long as the show runs.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Game of Thrones leads to a rise of "wolf" dogs in animal shelters - by Catherine - 04-24-2019, 03:30 PM