Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones leads to a rise of "wolf" dogs in animal shelters
I have only seen 4 episodes and it wasn't my fault. I was having dinner with friends and they put the show on after dinner. It is violent fantasy and I recognize themes that are common in other sci-fi /fantasy books. I found the episodes fairly predictable. Of course it has dragons and everyone wants a dragon. 

They make the dogs seem special even though they are also actors playing a part. There is probably makeup and special effects even for the dogs. So any dog someone would buy could not live up to image of the fantasy dog from the show. That is so sad for the dogs. People get them because they want to experience what the actors experienced with the dogs. They forget that they are not Jon Snow and the dog they just bought is a real dog and not an actor dog playing a part. The real dog that they have could never please them. How sad for the dog. No wonder so many are ending up in animal shelters. 

It is disturbing how much people are influenced by popular shows. After the movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua. the shelters ended up with a lot of Chihuahuas. People bought them because of the movie and surprise, they just couldn't live up to the image put out by the movie. 

Game of Thrones is in the last season so this dog crisis will soon be over. However there will be another show with other pets and the cycle will happen all over with that pet. Some people never learn.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game of Thrones leads to a rise of "wolf" dogs in animal shelters - by Catherine - 04-25-2019, 03:29 PM