Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Murder of crows/the murder of crows
Crows are opportunist (mostly carnivores but will eat anything edible they can find)

Yes they are likely to peck at a birthing ewe, for all the tissue and the afterbirth too, and I can see where that could lead to an attack on a newborn lamb.

But in all my time out wandering the countryside in many different areas, I personally report that I have seen such things very VERY rarely. Although yes I have seen a couple of incidents in all my years.

From my own experience, I can't see why that has to lead to a killing of Crows. Crows are not the greatest danger to ewes and their lambs. Lack of human support often can be. Often (though not always) ewes are left in fields and the farmer lives miles away! I only know two people in my area who really look after their flock. And in those cases, I have seen no evidence of Crow attacks either.

Also, in my opinion, humans are the greatest danger to sheep and lambs. They do not care how their meat is killed, or how they have taken a life, they just like their roast lamb on a Sunday.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Murder of crows/the murder of crows - by Tobi - 05-17-2019, 03:47 AM