The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescued a House Gecko
So one of my best friend’s that I’ve known since we were 5 recently contacted about what she thought was a leopard gecko that was 1 of 7 that had been stuck to a glue trap in someone’s storage unit. Being the only survivor. I said I would take it but when I saw the picture I knew it wasn’t a leopard gecko. I did some googling and found it was a Mediterranean house gecko which is a harmless but invasive species. They’ve spread pretty much anywhere humans are that has a similar climate to the Mediterranean. So the dilemma began on if I should release it or not. I decided to at least wait until I saw it’s condition.
I had to wait a day because the person who found it had to bring it to my friend’s brother’s house and then my friend was able to pick it up the next day at lunch and then I picked it up from her work. Gave me plenty of time to set up a tub.
I’ve had it about a week now and I believe it’s a female. That’s because I can clearly make out 2 eggs... so now I really don’t know what to do. I’ve found nothing that says I can’t keep her so I’m thinking I just took in a house gecko family lol.
So now I’m researching how to incubate the eggs which seems to be just like leopard geckos which isn’t hard at all.

You can see the eggs!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzoYibKBlEO/...j4jzsdft7z

Messages In This Thread
Rescued a House Gecko - by Libby - 07-08-2019, 07:31 AM
RE: Rescued a House Gecko - by Catherine - 07-08-2019, 03:29 PM
RE: Rescued a House Gecko - by Libby - 07-11-2019, 05:10 AM
RE: Rescued a House Gecko - by Catherine - 07-11-2019, 04:33 PM
RE: Rescued a House Gecko - by Libby - 07-12-2019, 12:44 AM
RE: Rescued a House Gecko - by Catherine - 07-12-2019, 04:10 PM