Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puppy crying, help!
Tricky, Zombie101....

That little pup is for the first time feeling very alone in the world and scared. He is missing his litter sisters and brothers to cuddle up with, and he is missing his mother.

Now it is up to you what you want to do, but if you make this choice, that's it for the rest of your lives!
My suggestion is get him in bed with you. Hundreds of other people will not agree with that, and think it is very BAD!

Or, if you don't want him actually to sleep next to you, then bring his bed in your room and train him to sleep in it.

Training him....that won't be easy but not hopeless either. You may have some sleepless nights while doing it. That is give him a tiny treat  an a "good boy" (lots of affection) every time he goes to his bed and lies down there, and just remove him from anywhere else.

However the totally pain-free way is to let him sleep with you!

There is no dishonour in that. My dog slept with me all the time and she was good. It didn't make her badly trained in any other way. I liked her company. She was an excellent dog and companion.

The only reason he is screaming/crying is because it is natural for a dog to cuddle up next to someone at night, and he feels teribly lonely.

What I said above is only my own feeling. Many wouldn't agree.

Messages In This Thread
Puppy crying, help! - by Zombie101 - 07-17-2019, 04:33 PM
RE: Puppy crying, help! - by Catherine - 07-17-2019, 04:49 PM
RE: Puppy crying, help! - by LPC - 07-17-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: Puppy crying, help! - by Zombie101 - 07-17-2019, 09:54 PM
RE: Puppy crying, help! - by LPC - 07-17-2019, 11:08 PM
RE: Puppy crying, help! - by Catherine - 07-18-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: Puppy crying, help! - by Tobi - 07-23-2019, 05:15 AM
RE: Puppy crying, help! - by Catherine - 07-23-2019, 03:48 PM