Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squirrels listen to birds
I suspect a lot of animals listen to each other and watch each other. 
Koori is clever and resourceful. Koori learned to listen to you and watch you. The birds are smart enough to see you feed Koori and even the neatest eater leaves some crumbs. I am sure they get something for all their waiting. And you never know, Koori might not be hungry some day and might leave the whole thing.

I have watched other birds watching each other. If the bigger pigeons are fighting over some large bit of food, the little birds gather because they can pick-up the scraps.

When it comes to safety, relying on other birds to watch for you makes life easier. If you have to be watching in all directions all the time it is just too tiring. The stress would wear you down.  It makes sense for other birds to rely on each other. Clever animals like squirrels would realize that the birds are reliable and they could make life easier by relying on them. I wonder how many other animal dependencies their are. In the woods deer and other larger animals would be able to listen for the birds and know it is safe if the birds say it is safe. If the birds spot a predator their alert to each other would be an alert to a deer as well. Nature knows how to look after itself and make life easier.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Squirrels listen to birds - by Catherine - 09-05-2019, 03:51 PM
RE: Squirrels listen to birds - by Tobi - 09-07-2019, 03:02 AM
RE: Squirrels listen to birds - by Catherine - 09-07-2019, 03:14 PM