Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turtle Dove flying towards extinction.
Quote:I heard about this on the news this morning. It is truly sad. The UK is massively overpopulated; it has about the same population as France, but only one quarter of the land space. More and more houses get built on the diminishing countryside. There is talk of relaxing building rules, not strengthening them. So many species will suffer, as their trees, hedgerows, etc. disappear.
I hadn't thought about the human population issue. If the numbers are that big then the land can't sustain them. Encroaching further on nature will only make things unliveable. Environmental rules and building rules need to be strengthened not weakened.
I can see that the turtle dove issue is part of a bigger problem. There needs to be some serious urban planning and land use evaluations. Humans need to be able to coexist with nature. 

I suppose this is all part of a global extinction crisis and the extinction crisis ties into climate change issues.
While we are busy not reacting and responding, the turtle dove is in danger of extinction. Sad. Smiley6
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turtle Dove flying towards extinction. - by Catherine - 11-09-2019, 05:35 PM