The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets
The world is currently experiencing an outbreak of a new deadly coronavirus. It  originated in China, but is spreading slowly around the world. This is similar to the experience the world had with the SARS virus. The Hong Kong branch of the SPCA has noticed the same reaction towards pets as happened during the SARS crisis. People start disposing of their pets. The bring them to the shelters, they abandon them or they just get rid of them. There is no indication that the pets then or now posed any danger for people. Pets certainly are not the source of either virus. Reacting and getting rid of pets is not a protection for the people and it causes acute stress for the pets.

https://www.asiatimes.com/2020/01/articl...e-of-pets/

I will never understand why people over react to things. Following the advice of the health department can keep you safe. Reacting to unfounded fears of pets won't keep you safe and might give a false sense of security that is actually more dangerous. The world has a history of this kind of behavior. I hope this time common sense will prevail, but somehow I think it won't.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Catherine - 01-25-2020, 06:15 PM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Tobi - 01-30-2020, 12:09 PM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Catherine - 01-30-2020, 03:56 PM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Tobi - 02-01-2020, 11:27 AM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Catherine - 02-01-2020, 04:26 PM