Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets
The whole thing reminded me of the pets that were disposed of at the beginning of the second world war. 
People over reacted then and they are over reacting now. The source of the virus will turn out to be some form of wildlife from the Wuhan Fish Market. There are so many things they are doing wrong there. That is a whole different discussion and I will do a different post about the market.

People's pets are clean and well looked after. They are no danger to their people. It hasn't been shown that pets can actually be infected with the virus. Pets were not the source of SARS either.

We have two cases in Toronto, a husband and wife. They came in on a plane from the source of the infection. He is in hospital in isolation and she has kept herself isolated at home. So far the people who were on the plane with them have not  shown signs of the virus. Now we are waiting to see if there will be new cases.  We learned during the SARS outbreak so I think we will handle this situation well. A  lot of people were quarantined in their homes before we got SARS under control. We can do it again only better this time. I admit, two weeks at home with Netflix and lots of rest doesn't sound too bad. I am not even slightly at risk though. I has been years since I flew anywhere.

I just wish people wouldn't take things out on their pets whenever there is a crisis.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Catherine - 01-25-2020, 06:15 PM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Tobi - 01-30-2020, 12:09 PM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Catherine - 01-30-2020, 03:56 PM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Tobi - 02-01-2020, 11:27 AM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Catherine - 02-01-2020, 04:26 PM