Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets
Yes there are two confirmed cases in the UK as of today. I heard on the morning news that they were in the Newcastle area. I suppose a watch has to go out for new cases. Apparently the virus is contagious even when people have not yet become iill, and the safest isolation period is 12-14 days, though the incubation period is said to be 2-5 days. So time wil tell if new cases emerge.

The authorities do seem to be handling it well here as far as I can make out. Meanwhile country-wide now here, supplies of near-useless face masks have crashed. Add to that a shortage of the almost-useless hand sanitiser gels.
Nobody stops to think that a virus is 0.004 to 0.1 microns, and bacteria are much bigger, so most face masks, except an N95 or N99 face mask would let a virus in! People also seem to forget that for full protection one would also need wrap-around eye goggles! Yet nobody seems to be rushing to buy those.

So there does appear to be some thoughtless panic involved.

And yes, I also wish animals didn't have to bear the results of our mindless panic. We are NOT going to catch coronavirus from our dogs, cats or other animals, but if we do, it will be from another human or surface they have touched.

Treating our companion animals that way is another example of thoughtless panic and lack of knowledge.

Messages In This Thread
Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Catherine - 01-25-2020, 06:15 PM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Tobi - 01-30-2020, 12:09 PM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Catherine - 01-30-2020, 03:56 PM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Tobi - 02-01-2020, 11:27 AM
RE: Virus Fears=Abandoned Pets - by Catherine - 02-01-2020, 04:26 PM