Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethel's teeth
I can't picture an eleven year old guinea pig. It must be really old looking. Of course many of my piggies have been rescues so I do not know how old they were. I think Lily and Frodo might have been 7 or close to it. Lambert at five still looks good and Norbert at 4 1/2 looks like a young pig. Rosebert is showing his age, but Miss Charlie was his mom and she had a questionable background.

I am glad your girls are looking good. I hope they all have a graceful and long time as senior pigs.
Poor baby Ruby, no matter how old she gets she will always be the baby. (I am a youngest so I know how it is). I remember that large group of "released to the wild" guinea pigs. It was amazing how well Glynneath guinea pig rescue handled so many at once.

There are so many sad stories about inbreeding. We want a particular trait and we stop at nothing to get it. Whole lines of animals carry serious deformities because people take chances with inbreeding.
That poor little baby, it never had a chance at life. The mom must have been sad. Guinea pigs are such good mothers. I am glad she was given a good home to live out her life in peace.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Ethel's teeth - by Cibach - 04-24-2014, 08:00 PM
RE: Ethel's teeth - by Catherine - 04-26-2014, 04:17 PM
RE: Ethel's teeth - by Cibach - 04-26-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: Ethel's teeth - by Catherine - 04-27-2014, 04:53 PM
RE: Ethel's teeth - by Cibach - 04-27-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Ethel's teeth - by Catherine - 04-28-2014, 02:01 PM