The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy the left handed snail finds a left handed mate
A left handed snail is one that coils its shell to the left instead of to the right. It is a rare occurrence and the scientist studying Jeremy wanted to find another left handed snail so it could be determined if the trait was hereditary or not. A left handed mate was found and Jeremy is no longer a lonely snail.
A left handed and right handed snail are unable to breed. Jeremy did have offspring with a left handed mate as did other left handed pairs. They produced right handed offspring. The left handed development is not genetic. It is a factor of the actual development of the baby.

https://theconversation.com/how-jeremy-t...ght-139883

As a left hander I am interested to read anything about fellow left handers. It is an odd phenomena. In humans one in ten people are left handed. I am the child of two left handers and yet I am the only left handed child in the family.  The real question has to be why is there left handedness in any species. Why does it happen?
Is there and advantage or disadvantage. Why would a snail coil its shell the other way?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Jeremy the left handed snail finds a left handed mate - by Catherine - 06-06-2020, 03:30 PM