Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monkeys exploited in Thai coconut industry
I am glad you found the thread. I am sure it would have taken me forever to find it. I do notice that we had it in the same section both times.

At least one of the links is from the same source so the issue is still very active. We still need to pay attention to where our products are sourced. 
That is true of every product, not just coconut products. I am glad now that I didn't get into coconut products. I feel better using locally sourced oils because it is easier for me to check on how they are produced.

Any coconut personal care products I use come from The Body Shop. They not only don't test on animals and never have. All their ingredients are ethically sourced.
If they can't find an ethical source for an ingredient they need, they will discontinue the product. 

I wish tourists would not visit places where primates are exploited. It might seem cute to watch monkeys climb trees to pick coconuts, but it is not so cute when they have to do it for hours on end, day after day and year after year. 

I think we have provided enough links that anyone should be able to find an ethical source of coconut products.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Monkeys exploited in Thai coconut industry - by Catherine - 07-13-2020, 03:16 PM