Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal up date
(10-12-2020, 03:44 PM)Catherine Wrote: I am glad you are settling in to the new job. It will be safer and less stressful.

It is good that your IBS is settling down. I understand that diet and stress management are the keys to getting things under control.  I had to look up FOODMAP.
It sounds very well thought out and I can see how it would help. I don't have IBS, I have food intolerances. As long as I don't eat what I can't digest I am fine. It can seem a bit like IBS if I eat the wrong thing.
It always seems that food is the key to health. I know IBS is more complicated.  So, if you get the IBS under control through what you eat it says under control, right.  Once you have it under control you would be able to expand your food choices.  Right now food might be boring, but you will have more choices later.
I hope this really works for you. It is miserable when your gut is upset. It wears you down.

It is good news that you are getting boarders. That must help financially and the company is good.
How is the rest of your pack of dogs doing?
How are your reptiles?

The dogs are doing well.  Fennec is starting to slow down with stiff joints.  I went ahead and switched him over to senior food since we don’t really know his age and the food has additives that help his joints. 
Regina is starting to lose her hearing and sight.  It hasn’t stopped her at all. She just does want she wants and doesn’t worry about if she takes my fingers trying to get a treat.  Our yard is pretty big so if she can’t see me waving from afar I either have to go get her or wait for her to come back in sight and wave around like a goof trying to get her attention.
Silver Bullet just had his 3rd Gotcha Day with us. We’ve had him 3 YEARS!!  He’s come a long way from the crazy pup that would chew my underwear, socks, and bras.  He’s the dog a rely on the most when is come to boarding.  He’s the first dog they see and he smooths everything over for the rest of the pack to meet.  If the the dog doesn’t get along with Bullet then they don’t stay here.
Graham is doing much better this her than last.  Last year is when he was attacked and I had to run him the the ER vet.  I’ve worked with him with my mom’s dogs and the few boarders we’ve had and he still is unsure with large brown dogs but he’s fine with smaller dogs so I’ve lowered the Rover settings to bellow 50lb dogs. 
We also have a foster.  Cleo is a small black smooth coat 14 lb terrier mutt.  Her owner had to move out of where she was living to movie in with a friend who lives where they can’t have dogs.  The lease is running out soon so they will be moving to a pet friendly housing.  We’ve had Cleo about 3 months now and she has fit in perfectly.  She snuggles in with the rest and they all kiss on each other, cleaning eyes and ears.  She wasn’t potty trained which we have improved drastically, especially since I’ve been working from home.
Castiel the kitty is doing well.  He is even getting along with our dogs much better.  He will initiate play with Fennec which is wild compared to how he acted in February.  However this new found fearlessness does not extend to our boarders.  Sadly our most recent boarder, Toby, triggered Cas to go into full on attack mode and we had to keep him in the garage so he felt safe.  Normally we keep the door to the garage open so he can come in and out.  But the bungee cord we use to keep the dogs out has stretched out so Toby was able to walk right in a few times.  We couldn’t get Cas to come out of hiding for a good hour after we found Toby just standing in the garage.  We just kept the door closed after that.

The reptiles are hanging in there.  We’ve had to completely clean the whole room and quarantine clean everything.  We lost Bellatrix last month. vet trips I think will have to be scheduled soon.  No one is showing signs of illness but I’ve lost a lot of reptiles for all different things and I’m trying to keep everyone under close observation.  No breeding projects in the meantime.

KK is doing well.  She loves me being home and I knew she would because now I’m here when she wake up in the morning and can give her fresh food for breakfast instead of having to wait until I get home in the afternoon.  Lots more attention though out the day too.  I go say hi and talk to her every time I take a break or lunch or just go to the bathroom.

Messages In This Thread
Personal up date - by Libby - 10-02-2020, 03:35 AM
RE: Personal up date - by Tobi - 10-02-2020, 05:37 AM
RE: Personal up date - by Catherine - 10-02-2020, 02:25 PM
RE: Personal up date - by LPC - 10-02-2020, 08:44 PM
RE: Personal up date - by Libby - 10-03-2020, 04:50 AM
RE: Personal up date - by Libby - 10-03-2020, 04:59 AM
RE: Personal up date - by Catherine - 10-03-2020, 03:56 PM
RE: Personal up date - by Catslave - 10-03-2020, 06:05 PM
RE: Personal up date - by LPC - 10-03-2020, 09:29 PM
RE: Personal up date - by Catherine - 10-04-2020, 03:10 PM
RE: Personal up date - by Libby - 10-05-2020, 12:08 PM