The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rescuing a hunting cat's (live) brunch...
....Plus added side effects of aforementioned deed.

There is a big hunting cat who loves to hang out in my garden. He actually lives at a neighbour's house, up the lane, is cared for there, and fed perfectly well. But he prefers his wild ways.

This morning he caught a baby rabbit. Then when he saw me, he dropped it, to come over to say "good morning" to me.
The little rabbit held very still and was terrified. He gazed up at me as the cat rubbed himself all over my legs, purring and meowing. Before the cat could go back to it I made a sudden lunge for the baby rabbit and swept him up very carefully and gently into my hands. It seemed uninjured, just shocked. I carried the baby over my bridge to the field and let him go in some shade. He made for cover quickly.

Then the cat became very upset. He besieged me and my house for at least an hour, trying by any means he could find to get into the house -howling, meowing, calling, scratching at windows..... I talked to him from an upstairs window asking him to call off the siege! I told him to go home, where he would get well fed and wouldn't need to kill the little rabbit.
I could see him trying to think of ways to climb up to the bedrooms!
He was convinced his "brunch" was in my house!

Eventually I got out of the house, and he bit my (bare) legs! ouch.....
Then I led him on a merry dance all down the lane, sure that he'd give up and go home -but no such luck! Even meeting two Golden Retrievers didn't put him off. I found sanctuary in a neighbour's house. When I told him I was being stalked by a hunting-cat he laughed at me! The cat went home after the neighbour started to wash his car with a hosepipe. That took two hours.
Eventually the coast was clear and I could make a dash for home.

Another Cat-Drama Of The Day. Confused

Messages In This Thread
Rescuing a hunting cat's (live) brunch... - by Tobi - 05-19-2014, 10:15 AM