Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I get a Water Dragon
This water dragon is very small and I could see it being clumsy and ending  up in water it was not prepared for. 
I am just so glad I noticed in time to save the lizard.
I have already set up a 20gal tank with a reasonable sized water dish. From there I can upgrade to a 30 gal. with much bigger water bowl.
After that, I have Barrie's tank. Barrie was 3 feet long so it is a big tank. It is also deep so there is room for a large water feature.
I have time to decide what I want to do. I could put a ten gal or even a twenty gal tank inside the terrarium. It could even have a filter so the water would have movement. I have  various logs and branches that I can cut to fit. I can really plan the large tank and make an amazing set up. I was planning to get a water dragon when Barrie came into my life. He took over the big tank and had a wonderful 4 years in it. Now he is gone it is time to go back to the plan of having a water dragon. This little one is the one I am meant to have.

I can imagine how much you miss Saphira. Water Dragons are special. They look like little iguanas, but they don't get so big. I love the way they swim. 
You did  everything you could for Saphira, but you can't fix damage a previous owner did. I babied Barrie and kept him going, but he was pretty damaged.
I am lucky I had four years with him.

Now I get a chance to give a water dragon an amazing life. 

I am sure there will be a water dragon in your future. It would be fun if you could have a baby and raise it. I would have taken an older water dragon, but I love the idea of a baby dragon.

It was too cold to bring him home today. It is going to warm a bit later in the week so hopefully  I will have my  water dragon by the weekend.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Should I get a Water Dragon - by Catherine - 11-15-2020, 04:16 PM
RE: Should I get a Water Dragon - by Libby - 11-18-2020, 12:11 PM
RE: Should I get a Water Dragon - by Catherine - 11-18-2020, 04:53 PM