Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Tennis Vegan
That is a really great post, LPC.
If sheep were treated differently, with more respect and kindness as you have treated yours, it would be little problem to shear them and wouldn't need to be violent in any way.

And yes, to keep them healthy, it's essential to shear them. Actually, for a really good pro. sheep shearer it does not take long to shear a sheep. I have watched videos of it being done. It's amazing! The sheep doesn't much like it but it's over in about 10 minutes, and then the sheep runs off feeling much cooler and lighter!

The problem lies in mass shearing of huge  numbers, and the fear and terror as well as injury the sheep endure.
Speed, and high yield in the shortest possible time -that is the problem. And that seems to be the tendency for all forms of manufacturing, farming, and commerce nowadays.

Too many people wanting too much produce.....people wanting more profit....speed, efficiency....all come before kindness.

I really didn't know tennis balls were covered with wool. I have lived 67 years and never knew that!

Messages In This Thread
Make Tennis Vegan - by Catherine - 11-19-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: Make Tennis Vegan - by LPC - 11-19-2020, 10:00 PM
RE: Make Tennis Vegan - by Catherine - 11-20-2020, 04:47 PM
RE: Make Tennis Vegan - by Tobi - 11-28-2020, 02:15 AM
RE: Make Tennis Vegan - by Catherine - 11-28-2020, 04:06 PM