Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race horses left to starve
Quote:I don't care for any of it, though I am pragmatic enough to realise that with so much money swilling round the 'sport' we won't be seeing the back of it any time soon. Though one thing that could be achieved is the industry cracking down on unscrupulous breeders like this fellow and putting some of the millions generated into care for unwanted and retired race horses. Granted it costs a lot to keep a horse, but the industry has a duty of care to the animals and I'm sure there is enough in the kitty to sponsor a sanctuary farm or two.

My thoughts exactly. The main race horse in the story won over a million dollars and then he was sold off and he and his offspring ended up in bad circumstances. Surely a horse that wins that much has a right to expect his owner to keep him in comfort. He wasn't even really retired. He was a very good breeder.
The whole racing industry has made no provision for horses that do not win or who get too old to race. This is where they fail. Rescue groups run around behind the scenes trying to pick up the pieces.

Sadly for many horses it is too late.
We can only hope that Karma does indeed have the number of the people who do this to these beautiful animals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Race horses left to starve - by Catherine - 05-27-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: Race horses left to starve - by LPC - 05-27-2014, 08:11 PM
RE: Race horses left to starve - by Catherine - 05-29-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: Race horses left to starve - by Tobi - 05-30-2014, 10:49 AM
RE: Race horses left to starve - by Catherine - 05-30-2014, 01:40 PM