Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs 'jumping up in greeting' constitutes a threat??
How absurd! I think a jumping [on people] dog is more of a case of bad manners than a danger.
Payne gets very excited when she sees new people. She will jump "around" a person but not "on" them. She was taught this at a very young age.
The only time I can see this as an actual 'danger' is when a large dog jumps on a small child and possibly knock them down, but deinitely not worthy of a law to incriminate the dog.
A dog gets excited when socializing, and jumping is one of the ways to release that excitement. Now if a dog is growling, snapping, and 'lunging" then it's a different story.
How about we try enforcing the laws we already have in place instead of creating new, even more ridiculous ones?
For example, where I live is not a "free range" state. Which means dogs are not allowed to roam. But really they are. I have had my chickens attacked and killed by roaming dogs. These dogs come in my yard and fight with my dog. Payne does her best to fight them off, but when defending herself from 2 dogs at once, she does sustain injuries. Try and get anyone to do anything about it though????
So Payne would be more likely to be considered a danger than these dogs because she loves people, gets excited, and jumps around........ Seriously????
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dogs 'jumping up in greeting' constitutes a threat?? - by AnimalFamily - 09-17-2014, 01:13 AM