Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monarchs on the move
There are new monarchs emerging and the old generation is dying out. Soon there will be a movement north as the milkweed starts growing.

https://journeynorth.org/monarchs/news/s...-many-eggs

So far no milkweed showing in my garden, but it is early. It will be ready by the time the butterflies are here.
With so little happening for me during this pandemic year I am taking the time to be aware of the monarchs on the move. This is a good thing. 
I am always excited when they arrive. I enjoy having them here. I watch for them to leave in the fall. Then I wait until they arrive to be excited about them again. This year I am aware of the journey they make and where they are. I am aware that the old ones who are close to dying  are laying the eggs that will 
make the rest of the journey. If it were not for those older butterflies coming part way north to lay eggs, no butterflies would make it to my garden.  I owe them for  the wonderful experience of monarchs in my garden. So thank-you to those butterflies who give us the gift of a new generation. It is appreciated.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Monarchs on the move - by Catherine - 04-20-2021, 03:05 PM
RE: Monarchs on the move - by Catherine - 05-02-2021, 03:04 PM