Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my views on the circus entertainment
I agree totally, Catherine. Animals have their own rights and are not to be used for entertainment. Circuses can exist for those who want them, but without the use of animals. Humans can perform in circuses, because they are free to refuse the work if they so choose. Clowns, trampoline acts, etc...no problem. But animals, no. They cannot express their consent to be used for entertainment of humans.

Black Wolf: camels are not domestic pets! They live in hot countries and are not "entertainers". Keeping them in captivity for circuses to travel around is morally unacceptable. Horses do not naturally dance and the training technique requires some use of force. Horses should be in fields, eating grass, not being shunted around from town to town in transport vans. Some dogs will willingly do tricks for their humans, that is true, but that is not the same as their being *exploited for mass entertainment*, constantly on the move from town to town and never knowing the joy of sharing life with their unique human(s) in a home environment, playing freely, going for walks, etc.

IMHO exploitation is never acceptable, even if beatings are not used to obtain the required training for a circus.

Messages In This Thread
RE: my views on the circus entertainment - by LPC - 05-08-2021, 08:11 PM