Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my views on the circus entertainment
Then I suppose it's just as well that circuses die out. I'd rather be hiking in the woods, go dove hunting or go boating with my dogs than going to a stupid travelling show in town anyway.

I just recently emailed Circus Vargas and ask them questions regarding the standards of mine I posted here. I they fail to reply, I would not buy a ticket there anyway. Before Ringling Bros and Barnum Bailey went belly up in 2017, I had emailed them a few years earlier with no reply. Suffice it to say, I did not go to their show either. 

I thought camels were a domestic species because people have been riding them since bible times.

Here is why the most dangerous and cruelest show on earth flopped finally:

https://www.peta.org/features/ringling/

Since 1976, there have been at least two high-wire falling deaths at RB&BB due to lack of a safety net. Small children at the show witnessed the bloody gore on the concrete next to smiling clowns. I saw the RB&BB three late summers in a row from 1975 through 1977 at the Cow Palace in SF. Fortunately there was no bloody mess when my family went. In 1977, there was an act where it appeared that a tall tower was toppling over and the performer on the tower was about to fall to his death. It made my heart jump a mile a minute. Drums were rolling in the band. It was just part of the act to scare people to death. Fortunately, nobody was hurt in that act really. Back then I never imagined animals were treated so harshly. In 1975, about 50 clowns got out of a Datsun B-210 compact car that pulled into the center ring. in 1976, there was a "short-people" (midgets) married couple from Europe who appeared in the center ring. They spoke into the microphone and the man had a voice like Porky Pig. Short people was the extent of freak shows then.

Messages In This Thread
RE: my views on the circus entertainment - by LPC - 05-08-2021, 08:11 PM
RE: my views on the circus entertainment - by Black Wolf - 05-08-2021, 10:16 PM