Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study shows that dogs are healthier when few once a day.
That is good feed back. I did wonder that they did not have details on what was being fed and what breeds were being fed. They also didn't mention the ages of the animals studied. All of these things would influence the results.

You are right about the wolves. They don't hunt every day. Even if they did they wouldn't catch something every day. They would have to eat up the whole kill because the meat would spoil. Then they would sleep it off.

Dogs that have lived with us for centuries are far removed from that life. We have learned to store foods so we can eat every day. Our dogs would certainly have joined us for meals once they were domesticated. A lot of humans need to eat multiple times a day. I am sure there are many dogs like that.

I wonder what dogs were used in the study and what their living circumstances are. If they studied lab animals the results would be odd because lab animals live odd lives.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Study shows that dogs are healthier when few once a day. - by Catherine - 11-29-2021, 03:55 PM