The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative remarks about having pets from Pope Francis
I normally avoid religious discussions, but this can't be ignored. The Pope was talking about having children and even adopting children. He then went on to say that
having pets instead of children is selfish and it takes away our humanity.

I will let you read it for yourself.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/opting-...-1.5728787

I am a little stunned that he would say these things. It is a narrow view of pets and their roles in our lives. Pets make us more human. They build us up, not diminish us. 

It is also a narrow view of why people are not having children. There are a lot of personal reasons. There economic reasons. There are health reasons.
Our population is putting a strain on the resources of the planet. We can't keep multiplying without heading for disaster. Perhaps the people who choose to not have children are the most unselfish of all.  

There is so much more that could be said about this. It is a complex issue.

One last thought, Pope Francis has neither pets nor children. What does he know about either of them?
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Negative remarks about having pets from Pope Francis - by Catherine - 01-06-2022, 06:29 PM