Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man with guide dog asked to leave Marks and Spence store.
The security firms need to train their staff. I am sure there are videos available in the UK that explain about service dogs and a great many other things.
I sit through one every year on my job even though I have never had a client with guide dog. I have encountered emotional support dogs though.
My employer has to have it on record that I am trained to deal with such things, and many more.

Since the problem seems to be the security guards, the company that supplies them should have to issue the apology when there is an incident.  Perhaps they should be fined every time one of their guards reacts to a guide dog in the wrong way.  When untrained staff start costing the company, it will be cheaper to train them.

Sometimes I am annoyed that I have to sit through the same training year after year, but if that is what it takes to make sure all our staff know how to deal with service animals, then my time is not wasted.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man with guide dog asked to leave Marks and Spence store. - by Catherine - 05-24-2022, 02:55 PM