The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Zealand Feral cat killing competition includes children
There is a children's section to the feral cat killing competition in New Zealand. Children can win prizes for killing the most cats.
There are no safeguards to ensure that the killing will be done humanely. Many cats will suffer cruel and prolonged deaths.
Yes, New Zealand has a serious feral cat problem and something must be done to protect native wildlife. Paying children to kill the cats is not a good solution.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/a...s-backlash

Certainly there will be cruelty to animals. It just goes with this kind of competition.
I also wonder what it does to children to involve them in an animal killing contest. 
Some will be deeply upset by their involvement. Hopefully most will be upset. They should be upset.
I worry more about the kids that enjoy the killing contest.  That is not going to end well for them or anyone else.
I am shocked that New Zealand in allowing this.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
New Zealand Feral cat killing competition includes children - by Catherine - 04-19-2023, 02:20 PM