Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cows drop in for a visit?
I remember hearing about an incident that happened to my Grandmother. She lived in a cottage in the middle of the Ayrshire countryside in Scotland. (My Mum was Scots.)
The surrounding fields housed a herd of Ayrshire cattle. The Bull was a sweetie called Double Wind. He was huge and had a set of horns to be proud of. He was also docile and friendly.
Nana had gone out into her garden to gather veggies for dinner and left her front door ajar. When she came back in there was Double Wind standing in her sitting room looking at himself in the mirror over the fireplace. He was so big he could hardly turn around.
He was such a sweetie that Nana could take hold of his head collar and guide him out of the sitting room and outside back to his field.
It must have been quite a sight as Nana was barely 4 foot 10 and double wind was massive.
He had a brother, whose name I can't recall, who looked just like him but was quite ferocious. It wasn't until some one asked her how she had been sure it was Double Wind and not his brother that she realised that she hadn't known at all and had just assumed it was him!!
I always knew she was brave but that must have taken a lot of courage for a wee woman.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/

Messages In This Thread
Cows drop in for a visit? - by Catherine - 12-15-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: Cows drop in for a visit? - by Cibach - 12-15-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: Cows drop in for a visit? - by Catherine - 12-16-2013, 03:46 AM
RE: Cows drop in for a visit? - by AnimalFamily - 12-17-2013, 11:44 AM
RE: Cows drop in for a visit? - by Catherine - 12-17-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: Cows drop in for a visit? - by Tobi - 12-29-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: Cows drop in for a visit? - by Catherine - 12-29-2013, 12:37 PM