Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloned dog meets "twin"
Have you seen the movie The Island.
I won't spoil it for you, but it does make it clear that a clone is not the same as the one it is cloned from.

I think I might have heard of the human cloning work. I suspect that there are actual clones out there.
This could go either way. Parents might want to clone a dead child as a replacement or they might want to clone a child as a donor for a living child.
A person might want a clone of themselves to raise as a child or they might want to have a clone as an organ donor for themselves.

The same could be true for pet cloning. The pet could be a replacement or it could be a donor.

None of these are good reasons for cloning. A clone is not a replacement for a lost one. A clone as a donor is even worse.

We may find there are good reasons for cloning(bring back the woolly mammoth?), but so far we are not using good reasons.

The large sum of money that it took to clone the dog could have done a lot of good if donated to good medical research or a good animal shelter.
Lots of dogs need homes. It would honor a dead pet to bring home a needy dog. Cloning the dog is more of a selfish desire to hang on to it as a position. as you say, the spirit of the clone would not be the same as the original pet.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Cloned dog meets "twin" - by Catherine - 08-13-2014, 02:43 PM
RE: Cloned dog meets "twin" - by LPC - 08-13-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: Cloned dog meets "twin" - by Tobi - 08-14-2014, 08:18 AM
RE: Cloned dog meets "twin" - by Catherine - 08-14-2014, 12:30 PM