Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whole Foods selling rabbits as food
Good list and it makes a point doesn't it. We want to eat certain things, but we don't want to feel bad about it. Does that mean that we secretly know that the whole farming situation is bad.

When people raised animals in healthy situations they could openly admit that they were eating them. The rabbit issue is getting a strong reaction because rabbit meat is called rabbit meat. It wouldn't do for people's children to ask where other meat comes from.

I used to live out west and I have eaten Rocky Mountain Oysters. Yes I knew what they were and they were very tasty. I have never seen them for sale anywhere, but cattle country. I have also eaten deer, moose and rabbit. I am not squeamish about what I eat. I am squeamish about how the animals are treated in factory farms and I am eating much less meat and wanting to shift away from it completely. I am hoping our whole food focus changes.

I work with people who ate meat heavy diets all their lives and they are not healthy for a whole lot of reasons. I see heart/weight/blood pressure and diabetes problems in all my seniors. Good food and more exercise would have made a big difference to most people's health as seniors.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Whole Foods selling rabbits as food - by LPC - 08-21-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Whole Foods selling rabbits as food - by Tobi - 08-22-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: Whole Foods selling rabbits as food - by LPC - 08-22-2014, 07:53 PM
RE: Whole Foods selling rabbits as food - by Catherine - 08-23-2014, 02:08 AM
RE: Whole Foods selling rabbits as food - by LPC - 08-23-2014, 05:30 AM