Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certified Wildlife Friendly gardens
I think this is a wonderful idea.
I already have a 'wildlife friendly' garden...
birds do their own thing, and bring up their young, and there are always lots of grubs and snails for them. Insects like my place too, and that's good for the birds. I also put seed out. There are always quite a few birds' nests in the bushes and trees around my house.
My 'fence' around one side hardly exists (didn't need a strong fence at the back for Misty, as she refused to go out to the field without me!) although the front facing the lane is hedged and fenced, the back opens to a field across a little bridge. That means Badgers come in, and sometimes foxes. Unfortunately Badgers have dug a lot where I planted a new lawn area...but never mind. Badgers are looking for food, not aesthetics! I just let them do it. So what? When the weather is less dry, they will return to digging in the fields, but right now the earth out there is rock hard. My new lawn is soft earth.

Squirrels do well because there are lots of hazel trees next to the little stream. They do eat the birds' food too, but never mind. There's plenty for all.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Certified Wildlife Friendly gardens - by Tobi - 09-10-2014, 06:06 AM
RE: Certified Wildlife Friendly gardens - by Tobi - 09-11-2014, 07:16 AM
RE: Certified Wildlife Friendly gardens - by Tobi - 09-25-2014, 10:35 AM