The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog needing hernia surgery
Calling all people who have a dollar to spare! Literally....even one dollar (plus as many 'shares') from lots of people will help D'Artagnan get surgery for a perineal hernia.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/h...e=facebook

I checked out this fundraising appeal, and it is genuine. D'Artagnan's caretaker is an older, retired person -Jean Lauer from Holiday, Florida. Jean is on a retired person's fixed income, and cannot find the $2000 needed for his surgery. So she opened the Giveforward appeal.

Obviously aware of the many internet scams which deter people from donating, she also supplied D'Artagnan's vet's details on the fundraising page.

(Quote)

"My beloved dog D'artagnan (aka dar), has been diagnosed with a Perineal Hernia and requires surgery. This problem is easily fixable and will have no lasting problems. The surgery will cost approximately $2000. This is why I come to you. I am retired and on a fixed income. I am humbly asking for the gift of a donation in any amount to help defray the cost of Dar's veterinary care. I have arranged with the staff at Advanced Veterinary Hospital, 1334 US 19 North, Holiday, FL to accept the donations directly so that you can rest assured that they are being used appropriately and as stated. You may contact them directly at (727)-938-6879 to make a donation by phone. Dar means everything to me! I will be very appreciative of your help. Thank you and God Bless!"

I informed her of Animal Lovers Web Forum's policy about personal fundraising, and that with the inclusion of those details she could probably post here, but after some harsh rejection from other forums, it may be that she is upset and unsure.

So I am doing it for her.

Messages In This Thread
Dog needing hernia surgery - by Tobi - 10-06-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: Dog needing hernia surgery - by Catherine - 10-06-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Dog needing hernia surgery - by LPC - 10-06-2014, 07:35 PM
RE: Dog needing hernia surgery - by Tobi - 10-06-2014, 09:07 PM
RE: Dog needing hernia surgery - by Catherine - 10-07-2014, 08:34 AM