The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annie
Well here I am again. This is the third time this year, well in the last 6 months actually.
Dearest Annie has left us. She was 5 1/2 years old and a fabulous piggy.
She was born at the Glynneath Guinea Pig rescue after her pregnant mum had been surrendered. She came to live with us at five weeks old along with her half sister Ethel, as companions for our first 2 piggies. She was a robust and healthy piggy with no health issues until 18 months ago when she lost her top incisors due to a bony infection. In reality we should have lost her then, particularly as it was quite swiftly followed by a nasty case of bloat. But being the super piggy that she was, she pulled through and went on to live well and happily until this Tuesday.
She had lost all 3 of her original companions and was living in a group with her new friend Sadie and our other pair of girlies, Marigold and Ruby, with Cecil, the foster piggy, next door. She became quite doddery on Monday evening and I stayed up all night with her. She came to The Guinea Pig rescue with us on Tuesday, as she always did, and was thoroughly spoilt with leaves and treats. When we returned home she was desperate to get back in the pen with the others so I put her beside the barrier where she spent most of the evening surrounded by the girls and leaning against Cecil through the barrier.
She wobbled to the food bowl at about 8.30 in the evening and began to call so I reached in and she climbed up. She curled up on my chest, tucked her head under my chin and just went to sleep.
How privileged I feel that she asked to be with me when she passed and how glad I am that she survived her tooth issues and bloat long enough to die of old age.
She was the last of our original 4 and is now in the flower bed with all her "sisters". We buried her in her favourite thing, a paper bag stuffed with fresh sweet hay.

Baby Annie.

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: 3619235490_1c8201940c.jpg]Annie in the grass tube by Gillian Clancy, on Flickr" />

And my favourite photo of all, Sleeping Annie. She really knew how to relax.

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: 14762951073_6c5ecd7b90.jpg]The art of relaxation. by Gillian Clancy, on Flickr" />

So Good Bye, Dearest Annie, you were one of a kind and we miss you sorely.
Have fun at the bridge with Latte, Cappuccino and Ethel and I'm looking forward to seeing you all again when it's time.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/

Messages In This Thread
Annie - by Cibach - 11-22-2014, 08:56 PM
RE: Annie - by Catherine - 11-23-2014, 04:05 AM
RE: Annie - by Tobi - 11-23-2014, 11:30 AM
RE: Annie - by LPC - 11-23-2014, 11:10 PM
RE: Annie - by Cibach - 11-23-2014, 11:12 PM
RE: Annie - by Catherine - 11-24-2014, 02:19 AM
RE: Annie - by Catherine - 11-25-2014, 11:54 AM
RE: Annie - by Cibach - 11-27-2014, 08:52 PM
RE: Annie - by Catherine - 11-28-2014, 12:37 PM