Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye little Trixie
Thank-you. I would have loved taking Trixie out for walks in the garden. Instead she will rest with the other beardies is a pretty place in my garden. There are shrubs and trees and flowers all over the garden and special little friends buried by each of them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Rest peacefully, Dear Trixie. You're time here was brief but you were admired and loved by many.

She was so lucky to have come to you, Catherine. You knew how to help her, and when there was no help to be given, she passed away in a loving home with her friends around her. She could not have had any better.

I hope this poor start to the year will improve for you. We are all thinking of you.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank-you.

She did have a good life while she was with me. She was set up in my kitchen so I talked to her and babied her all the time. She was surrounded by life and comfort and what more could she ask for in her short little life.

Come the spring, I can still plant crocuses in my beardie burial place. I think that would be a good way to remember her. Crocuses are a special favourite of mine because they are brief and beautiful and they bloom before anything else.
Catherine

I used to live in a place where I had a gardern, too, and buried a lot of my critters there. You gave her the best life you could and that is wonderful. You are a great caregiver to your pets!

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Thank-you all. Trixie will always be my special baby beardie. She will never grow old and I will always remember caring for her as a baby. I gave her what I could. It was enough to make her happy, but it wasn't enough to give her a longer life. It wasn't meant to be.
We had precious time and that is enough.
Catherine

Yes, your time with her was precious. I admire how great you are with your critters!

Thank-you. Somehow I always know how all my critters are doing. I am very aware of them at all times. I knew right away that Trixie wasn't doing well. I sensed it as soon as I brought her home.

I can see that some of my snakes are looking old all of a sudden. Oddly my very old guinea pigs are doing very well.
I think all of my animals are close to me, each in their own way  and I try to make each of them happy and comfortable.
Catherine

I try to make mine happy and comfortable, too. I watch my pets carefully for signs that something may be wrong with them. We have that in common.

You are like me, we know when a pet is comfortable. If I sense things are not right, I make changes until they are right.
It is sometimes just an instinct that tells you what to do.
Catherine

(01-26-2016, 01:04 PM)Catherine Wrote: You are like me, we know when a pet is comfortable. If I sense things are not right, I make changes until they are right.
It is sometimes just an instinct that tells you what to do.

I, too, have gotten pets that didn't seem to be doing as well as others.  I once got a hamster that had been attacked by the other hamsters and had a big gash on it.  I raised it until it died.  I got Danny bird who didn't look as pretty as all the other birds but seemed to be very happy by himself in the aquarium.  He continues to be a special bird how he is always singing.  

Yes, our instincts do kick in and we then care for the pet as it needs to be cared for.