Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rainbow Bridge
I sense I may be swarmed by a great many pets.....not all of them mine. I have held pets for friends who could not bear to be there for the end. They just couldn't do it. So as one who knows and loves the animal, I have been there and held them and so they do not die alone.

I always prefer to let an animal die naturally and just be there for them, but sometimes that just isn't the right thing to do. Poor little Wild had just had enough and death was a relief. I do like to think of his spirit setting out on its spirit journey, free from old age and illness, free to be a young cat forever.

Their other cat stayed with him all day before the vet came and after it was over Lucky came and looked at him. I think he was saying good bye and it will be a joyful thing when they are reunited.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(01-22-2014, 03:23 PM)Catherine Wrote: I have held pets for friends who could not bear to be there for the end. They just couldn't do it. So as one who knows and loves the animal, I have been there and held them and so they do not die alone.
That is incredibly kind and noble.
Thank-you. I believe the everyone, human and animal(I don't really see that there is a line between the two, it is just that humans are my species) deserves to have someone who cares with them in the end.
I found with my hamsters, holding them and singing a soft comfort song seems to relax them and they pass easily.

I work with seniors and I have never been there for the end, but I am there with them in the time before that. I did have to go with an old lady's cat when his health failed and he needed to be put down. The cat felt safe with me and he passed in peace.

I think it is important that we leave this life in peace. Birth and death should be gentle loving experiences when ever possible.
Catherine

Yes it is kindness and compassion in your heart Catherine, to help them gently out of this world.
I messed up a bit with my Misty that last hour. I dragged her off to the vet, thinking we could save her life, when all I really felt like doing was holding her gently on her own bed, while the vet gave her the injection.
But you are right. They feel a great relief to be freed from bodies that do not work any more. And they do indeed continue with their spirit journeys.
There is something special about being part of the passing. I have not yet made the journey, but I know there is a journey. I have sensed something leaving and when it goes the body is just a cast off shell. We are more than our bodies.
If I can, I sit and hold my animals as they pass. Often they wait for me to come home. As soon as I hold them, they let go and pass in peace.

I do know of a situation where they took the dog into the nursing home and he lay on the bed next to the woman and he was with her when she passed. I think her dog's presence brought her peace.

I guess they are together now, the husband, the wife and their beloved dog. He was a special dog. I still miss him and I am glad I got to know him, but I am happier to think of the three of them together.

I am sure with Misty you wanted to give her life. It is so hard to know when it is the end.
Catherine

Animals who have felt the warmth of positive human companionship (i.e. a pet or a befriended wild animal) acquire individualisation, which they retain after death - and as aforementioned, animals have souls.
So yes, all one's beloved animal companions will be there waiting for you on the Other Side. (Even the little ones!)

Great comfort to be had from all of this. And these great spiritual truths stand as a powerful testament to humankind of our true relationship with the Animal Kingdom (the unity of all life) - and our responsibility towards them....
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
In other words, when my time comes it could be quite an event.[Image: smiley-dance006.gif]
[Image: smiley-happy065.gif]
[Image: smiley-hug011.gif]

I dreamt about Pigbert, the handicapped guinea pig, the other night.
I had left him somewhere and I couldn't get back to him. It was a scary dream because I sheltered Pigbert his whole life. I helped him to be all his little damaged body could be. He died 3 1/2 years ago and I buried him with his piggie family and I planted beautiful flowering shrubs over his grave. Even in death I protect him.
He was much loved and it is good to think that he is whole now because his spirit was never handicapped. He had a big loving heart, way bigger than his fragile little body. Being reunited with Pigbert is something to hope for.

Pigbert is one of many animals that I have poured my love into. I have never let loss stop me from loving again. All that love I have for Pigbert continues to flow into all my other animals. I think losing a beloved pet has taught me to love more.Heart

At the end of my life, my ability to love should be a great flowing river because each love I have just adds to its volume.
Catherine

Catherine, that is so beautiful. Your heart will be a great flowing river, for sure.
They all help us learn how to love. Their guile-less natures do most often, make our hearts flower. And the love works both ways in our bonds with them.
That is so beautifully put. I never want loss to close me off. When I lose a beloved pet it means I have room to take in another animal needing my love. The love they give me makes it possible to take on more pets in need.
My relationship with Pigbert gave me so much that it would be enough for a whole lifetime of loving other animals.
This is Pigbert and his good friend Frodo.
[Image: IMG_4556.JPG]
Frodo was at a shelter for a year before I noticed him and went right away to get him. No guinea pig should spend that much of their life at a shelter. Pigbert helped Frodo to blossom and he became more than I ever dreamed he would be. They were close and when Pigbert died Frodo was gone a month later. They needed to be together and I am still here giving my love to other pets that need it. Heart
Catherine

It's people like you guys who restore our faith in humankind!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com