Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Family day with my pets
This is the family day holiday in Ontario.  I could have made plans to do things, but instead I stayed home with my pets, my animal family.

We had a nice day. I did spa day for the reptiles and soaked most of them. They all enjoy a warm bath. Any that needed shedding help got it. I gave out lots of snuggles and got lots of hugs in return.

Jake Krinkle snake had a great soak and then he had a big poop, so I put him on the floor and let him free roam. At the speed he crawls there was no chance of him getting lost. He crawled all over things and helped my change my sheets. Jake is very helpful that way. He is having a good sleep now so I must of tired him out.

I was able to help Raven through a shed. She is doing poorly and I think she is failing. I at least could make her more comfortable. I can't fix the fact that she is old, but she can have some gentle last months.

Even shy Martin, the albino black rat snake wanted to come out and be snuggled.  He is a very quiet snake and doesn't like strangers. I am the only one he comes to.

The beardies all had baths and snuggles. The babies have doubled in size and are starting to look like proper dragons. Poor old Henry seems tired a lot. I wonder how old he is.

It was a fun day. I need more days like this at home with my babies enjoying them.

Don't worry, the guinea pigs had lots of treats and snuggles and hay and cantaloupe along with their regular goodies. Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Awww...that is so nice to have family day. I enjoyed reading about all your babies! You treat them so well! My pets are my family too.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
I really do love having a day with them. Heart

My dream vacation is time at home with my babies.
Catherine

That sounds like you and the animals had a wonderful day. What better way to spend Family Day.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
We did have a nice time. I gave Raven some special care to make her more comfortable. It was the last thing I was able to do for her and I am glad I did.

Jake had fun free roaming and exploring. He can't go to far and it is fun for him.
Catherine

(02-16-2016, 04:26 PM)Catherine Wrote: I really do love having a day with them. Heart

My dream vacation is time at home with my babies.

I just love being with mine, too.  I feel such warmth when with them. Heart

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
That's what family day is all about, our pets are part of our families.
A true animal lover enjoys time with their animal friends.   I was asked today if I wasn't lonely living alone the way I do. No! And, I don't really live alone. I have unusual "family" , but they are a very nice bunch and I do enjoy them.

There is always something to do when you have pets. It is not just a matter of them needing care. They need company. I never know when Martin is going to need a snuggle, but when he does I like to give him some time. I like to have time to decorate their tanks. The crested geckos and crocodile skinks need a complete tank makeover. I want to transfer them to a different tank, but I want to move all their "furniture". I might set it up the same or I might give it a real transformation.   The peat moss that the snake eggs hatch in is still good enough to be used in a tank so after some eggs hatch I will have lots of clean peat moss.
I might even move the tank to a different location. I am thinking it over.

Next time  I have some time at home I can work on this.

What do people without pets do with their time?
Catherine