Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Animals
Hey y'all!

Thought I would post a few pics of my animal family members haha

Here is my hamster, Tater Tott. She's a roborovski dwarf and about a year and 5 months or so old. She's about 2" or so long, and 22grams. She was given to me by a friend, I like to consider her a 'rescue' as she wasn't in the best situation before. She lives in a bin cage, about 800sqin+ of floorspace and 12" of bedding at the deepest part. She loves her sand and 1/3 of her cage is a sand bath. She's still a pretty skittish hamster, having not been handled too well for the majority of her life, but she is slowly warming up to me and will sit on my hand to eat Big Grin
In this pic, her little head poking out of her new favorite place, her cork log haha:
[Image: Webp-net-resizeimage.jpg]
Here she was in the midst of taking seeds off my hand haha:
[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-12-17-at-11-06-58-AM.png]
And last but not least, here is her drinking some wasser:
[Image: IMG-20201110-170153057.jpg]

The following will be my bearded dragon, Roxy. She's about a year old, and we bought her off some guy on craigslist. She didn't seem to be living the best list, and we are hoping to change that soon! Soon my father and I will start building a DIY cage for her, hopefully, equivalent to a 120gal terrarium. She lives a pretty healthy diet haha, salad and then a few bugs every couple days. We are currently breeding Dubia's as she loves them. She's a pretty chill beardie, and she enjoys exploring outside her enclosure.
This is the day we first got her, she was obviously a very nervous lil thing having come to a whole new environemt with 7 new people:
[Image: PXL-20201010-031703236-PORTRAIT-01-COVER-2.jpg]
Here is her after getting used to us a bit haha:
[Image: IMG-20201104-165445896.jpg]

These are all the current animals in my family, hopefully more to come soon! My friend recently told me she is looking to rehome her hedgehog, and so I might be getting him quite soon if that's the case. Hope this post finds you all well! And I hope you enjoy the cute pics Smiley4
Tater Tot is adorable. I love the little tiny hamsters. They are such characters. You are giving her the best life possible. She has so much to keep her busy in her enclosure. She is one lucky hamster.

I am looking at the beardie pictures and Roxy is like a different lizard after she has been with you for a while. She looks so much better.
She is getting a very good diet with you. Beardies  love Dubias and they are so good for them.  It will be great when you have the bigger enclosure for her. 
She is still young and she will love having all that space. You will have lots of happy years together. Roxy is a nice looking Bearded Dragon. She has beautiful colour.

I have rescued a couple of hedgehogs over the years. They are cute and I am glad I took them in.  I hope you can get the hedgehog. I know you will give it the best home ever. Keep us posted about the hedgehog. It will be a great way to start the new year.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I love the name Tater Tot! It's the perfect name for a robo hammy. It makes me want one again but I have more than enough animals, specifically snakes, that breeders don't like to sell to me. Which I'm more than ok with right now lol.
A beardie yay! I miss my beardie baby, Popeye. He passed last year. He was a rescue as well. His previous owner didn't seek medical help for him until his jaw was already nearly fused shut. I took him in from a vet and was able to keep him alive 3 more years but that level of neglect takes a toll even after rescue and intervention. It was near impossible to get him to eat enough without syringe feeding twice a day but he did gain some jaw movement enough to eat meal hornworms without much issue. They have huge personalities so you are going to have a blast with Roxy.

Another dubia breeder! I'm newer at it. I just had to let my last colony die/fed off. I can't seem to find the right breeder ratio for my two leopard geckos. I either have to many or not enough. Too many I'm ok with and can sell off but too few I can only buy more. I think the last breeders I got were older because nearly all the adults died within a few weeks of getting them and I didn't have enough to allow any to grow up to be breeders. Live and learn. My husband wont even look at them lol.

You'll have to post if you get your friends hedgehog. They are so cute! There's one named Mable in this Facebook group I'm in. She it just a hoot. I love when her owner posts updates. That little nose and belly kill me with cuteness.
I think dubias are cute. I would love to breed them, but my landlord would not be happy if he found out. I limit myself to breeding meal worms. My little colony has lots of adults so I hope there will be lots of babies soon. I am thinking of breeding the super worms. I have done it is the past. It would give me a supply of smaller super worms which I need for the young Sudan Plated Lizard. I promise to do a post about my most recent acquisition/rescues.

Beardies are the best. Roxy is going to give you many years of fun. Libby, I just know there is another rescue beardie in your future.  There are always beardies who need good homes. I was less than a year without a beardie.  

My hedgehog was named Quibble because he was a quilled tribble. He was fun. 
I hope you get the hedgehog.
Catherine

I recently rescued a new ham from a humane society Smile

His name is Scuttlebutt (I did not name him haha)
And he's a 6-month-old hybrid dwarf male

[Image: IMG-20210123-170309019.jpg]
[Image: ffcbc1ea-fd4f-463e-9391-2756b679c63c.jpg]
[Image: eefb7388-0d40-4f40-9f00-ef67978c0089.jpg]
He is so cute. I keep forgetting how cute dwarfies are. It is a funny name, but he is a hamster. He won't care.  I am glad you rescued him. Dwarf hamsters do not live long and it is sad for them to spend their time at a shelter instead of in a home.

He is a chubby little guy. He must be fun to watch.  I love how hamsters  run on the wheel.  They do love their wheels.
Catherine

(01-25-2021, 05:26 PM)Catherine Wrote: He is so cute. I keep forgetting how cute dwarfies are. It is a funny name, but he is a hamster. He won't care.  I am glad you rescued him. Dwarf hamsters do not live long and it is sad for them to spend their time at a shelter instead of in a home.

He is a chubby little guy. He must be fun to watch.  I love how hamsters  run on the wheel.  They do love their wheels.

Yeah haha, we are just calling him Scuttle for now Smile

He's a bit chunky so hopefully, he can lose a bit of that weight and get to a bit healthier level. He, unfortunately, did not have a wheel (nor a large cage) at the shelter and wasn't be fed the best diet so it makes sense about his chubbiness. But he is now learning to run on his new 12" wheel with us and is loving it! He seems to be quite a friendly ham, though just a bit skittish currently due to the fact he did just transition to a new enviornment. But he's climbed onto my hands already more than Tater Tott (other hamster) has haha
I love the name Scuttlebutt!! Too cute! He such a chunk! He will work that off in no time if he didn’t have a wheel before.
A 12 in wheel and a bigger cage,  he must be loving it. He sounds pretty friendly if he has already climbed into your hand. Scuttle is a good name for a dwarf hamster. The word has a number of meanings, but one is fast walking and scurrying about. That is a dwarfie exactly.
I am sure some time on the wheel will  get him in fit shape.
Catherine

I'm quite a bit late haha, but I managed to get some valentine's day pics with one of my hams, Scuttle. Tater Tott was too nervous so I let her be Smile

[Image: Screen-Shot-2021-02-14-at-8-26-21-PM.png]