Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defending Treating pets as children
Quote:....and the spider near your fridge (or was it the bath?).
There is a small black bathroom spider. Above the shower there is a long legged spider. Under the frig I have a centipede called Seymour.
I haven't named the slug....yet.Smiley4

We certainly love all our animal companions. Some are like children to us. Blueboy my cat was more of an older brother. I can see how Misty was a sister to you.

I think snakes only look to us as "parents" when they are young. My adult snakes are more friends. Of course Danny, my Pine Snake, is my baby, but I have had her since she hatched and she had her first shed with me and everything. We are close.

I am not the pink tutu type even when I was a little girl. Do I baby talk to my snakes? Maybe? Maybe I have pet names for some of them.
No pink tutus, but I do like the water dishes to look nice with the colour of the snakes and I am forever doing tank makeovers and bringing home new "toys" for them. I can get interesting logs and hides and other decorations for their tanks. Since these things were designed for reptiles, they are really popular with the reptiles.
I even put new toys in the tarantula's new set up. I am not sure yet if he likes them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defending Treating pets as children - by LPC - 11-27-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Defending Treating pets as children - by Tobi - 11-28-2014, 03:48 AM
RE: Defending Treating pets as children - by Catherine - 11-28-2014, 02:15 PM
RE: Defending Treating pets as children - by Tobi - 11-29-2014, 10:59 AM