Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost pet scam
Big hisses for this one. Someone contacts owners of lost pets and demands payment to get the pet back.
It is a pretty nasty thing to do to a pet owner who is desperate to get a beloved dog back.

http://www.courierislander.com/news/loca...1.1621781#

I guess we always have to be careful. There are always people out there wanting to make money without working for it.

I do hope she gets her dog back.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh, that is just heartbreaking. How dare they?
But I guess there will always be folk who will try it on.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
DogLost UK has reports of the same thing happening in the UK. It is a cruel crime. Thieves know many people would give anything they could to get their dog back. It causes tremendous worry and heartbreak. Of course (at least here) it is a crime and police will get involved.

Also sometimes thieves steal dogs from houses during burglaries. There is a recent report there of a Pug being stolen during a burglary
Why would they steal a dog? I guess they think they can sell it. That would be one argument in favour of micro chipping. At some point the dog would be identified and returned to the owner.

People will try anything as a scam. After disasters people set up fake web sites and collect funds. Nothing is so bad that someone won't try to do it. Smiley13
Catherine

I know. It is terrible. But kidnapping is so stressful and causes such worry and suffering.
Stealing a dog is such a heartless crime. In my view it is better to steal their car or burgle their home than take their dog. Why can't the criminals just leave dogs out of it, and concentrate on doing other nefarious deeds instead (of which there are many.)?
I am at a loss to understand their complete disinterest in the suffering of the dog, or those who love it.
Of course breaking in and stealing stuff really distresses people anyhow. Many people feel fearful and insecure for a long time after being robbed.
Stealing their pet makes it so much worse, but it was already distressing.
Some people have no feeling for others. How else could you hurt people like that. I can't imagine the distress that would come from having a pet stolen. Having someone trying to get money from you as a scam is just to cruel. I hope they get caught.

I would love to do jury duty on a trial like that. If they can prove the crime I know how I would vote.
Catherine