Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Donkeys Go To Heaven...says Pope Francis
Tobi, quote anything you want. Once I put something online I recognize that it can be reposted anywhere.

LPC, those are the articles I found, but I was unable to post them. They wouldn't give me an URL. I have had this problem before with some articles, but I haven't figured out the cause.

I think we are right to see this as important. I studied Theology and this is a serious change of direction from classical thinking.(keep in mind that women were not always seen as fully human). I think this comes right from the heart. This is what Pope Francis personally believes and he seems to be a very real person, very much in touch with life as it is lived by real people.

I can't wait to see what comes from this. It is going to stir things up. He seems to be moving things in a direction of compassion, acceptance and inclusiveness. That does have implications for the way we treat animals. Maybe it will become clear that factory farming should be redefined as a serious sin against life.

Quote:I find it hard to believe that there could be any doubt that animals go to heaven. I've always believed it. How sad to think that there will be only humans there. The prospect of seeing all our "beasties" again is very appealing and makes their passing just a phase in the process and not the end.
Is it really heaven if we are not all there? Animal companions make our live so rich, why would we think of them as just objects, like a piece of furniture. I have watched my beloved pets die and I see the light leave their eyes. It is not like turning off a lamp. Something real leaves and what is left behind is different. Those of us with animals know this. It seems that Pope Francis knows this.

I have never heard the St Paul story. I have read all his letters, but maybe it is in another document or maybe it was passed on as a story. It wouldn't have been taught in Theology class because it didn't fit what they wanted to teach us.

I am glad you all see this as important. It was late at night when I came across it and my reaction was "Wow, what's this". I just wasn't sure if everyone else could see that this is a big change in thinking from the leader of a church of a billion people. It could really help animals everywhere. It give Catholics "permission" to care about their pets.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: All Donkeys Go To Heaven...says Pope Francis - by Catherine - 12-07-2014, 05:22 AM