Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Donkeys Go To Heaven...says Pope Francis
I agree. He is a kind, compassionate man. Many decades ago, Catholic clergy often denied that animals had souls. Then, in 1990, after Pope John Paul II said that that they did have souls, the diehards changed their tack and admitted that animals did have souls, but they ceased to exist upon physical death.

But this latest declaration is a landmark. On the Catholic forum I have joined (as a non-Catholic), no-one had seen the articles until I mentioned them. It will take months, maybe years, for this to filter through, but it is still great news in terms of how Catholics will view animals and their rights to life and liberty.

BTW Catherine, I have done more research and it seems that this forum was the indeed the first to discuss this piece of news. It has not appeared on any animal forums or Catholic forums previous to your first post - to the best of my knowledge; if anyone finds otherwise I will readily retract.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All Donkeys Go To Heaven...says Pope Francis - by LPC - 12-07-2014, 09:55 PM