Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Donkeys Go To Heaven...says Pope Francis
Quote:I still have not received any reply from either the Vatican Press Office or the two newspapers which originally published the articles by the freelance reporter, Hannah Roberts. This is despite reminder follow-up e-mails. I suspect that the issue is so sensitive with some Catholics that it is controversial for them and they are taking their time with confirming the actual words of the Pope.
Remember they are running on Vatican Time, so expect a reply somewhere around the time of the next ice age.Smiley4

I think we run into problems because people want to define things in great detail. We don't have any details at all so we make big things out of the little we know and we try to use "logic" to come up with answers. Remember that classical theology relied heavily of Descartes.
We have already talked about him. When you think of his methods, how can you rely on his conclusions.

Some things cannot be "thought through". Sometimes you just have to have a bit of unknowing and mystery. Heaven is a mystery.

The Catholic Church believes in Baptism. It was considered a precondition for admission to Heaven. Animals don't get Baptized so therefore how can they go to Heaven. This is a strong enough view that the issue of newborns who die before baptism creates a problem How can they go to Heaven they are not Baptized. How can they go to Hell, they are innocent. So there must be a place for them. They thought it up, called it Limbo and centuries of mothers of dead newborns have suffered grief because they were told they would not see their lost children again.
Pope Benedict declared that there is no basis for Limbo. It does not exist. So in a way he opened the door for animals to go to heaven. If unbaptized newborns get in, then there is room for Fido and Fluffy.
This is a bad case of over thinking an issue.

But people wanted concise answers about mysteries. That is why they belong to organized religions. They want someone to feed them answers. I belong to the Church, but I joined as an adult and I think it was for very different reasons. I find the organized part has always been a bit difficult for me.

God and any relationship we have to God should be very simple. I am in a thinking it through phase again. I need to clear some "fluff" from my soul so I can feel connected to the essentials. Pope Francis is exactly what I prayed for. We needed a breath of fresh air and he is definitely opening windows and doors.
Heaven is big enough for all of us. Since God created the world, then God is big enough to handle all of us in creation and all our passing over how ever it actually happens.

I am sure the subject will generate numerous theology books. Let us hope they are E text books or the deforestation might bring on a global warming crisis.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: All Donkeys Go To Heaven...says Pope Francis - by Catherine - 12-12-2014, 03:58 PM