Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Donkeys Go To Heaven...says Pope Francis
Noble Knight, I only joined one Catholic forum in order to post the latest news about the declaration of Pope Francis. I don't belong to any organised religion (as I mentioned above) and don't feel the need for one.

However, I assumed that they would be grateful for the update (as it was "hot off the press" at the time) and that any animal lovers on that forum would be pleased. Sadly, this was not so. Lots of people refused to accept the news reports, saying that they were distorted or false. I was accused of "spreading false spin" from newspapers listed at the beginning of this thread (Daily Express and Daily Mail). They challenged me to find any reference to this announcement in Catholic publications. Of course, being new, there was nothing on Catholic news sites at that time.

One or two on the forum did agree that animals had immortal souls, but they were clearly in the minority. I felt unwelcome and I doubt whether I will return, although I did promise to give an update as and when I get a reply from the Vatican Press Office (if I ever do).

I got the impression that many on the forum only liked the old Pope (Benedict), because he was a traditionalist. I saw very little praising of Francis for his attempt to bring his Church into the modern world.

It is an experience I would prefer to put behind me. Perhaps it was a mistake to join such a forum. I only wanted to share the "good news" of the declaration.

Never mind. Here, I'm with kindred spirits! Good old ALWF! Heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: All Donkeys Go To Heaven...says Pope Francis - by LPC - 12-14-2014, 07:56 AM