Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stray dog does 'Iron Man' challenge!
A stray dog latches onto the Swedish team who are doing the Iron Man challenge in Ecuador.

The story.....

http://www.toughasia.com/blog/tough-stra...azon-race/

Warm purrs for the Swede Lindord, who adopted the stray dog (now named "Arthur") and gave him a home back in Lindord's native Sweden.

A bit of a hiss for making him DO the Iron Man challenge, for the sake of a few Swedish meatballs! LOL
He is a beautiful dog, even when he was a scruffy stray. I wonder where he came from? I can understand him adopting the athletes, but I wonder what he thought about the race. He might have thought they were strange or he might have thought that he needed to stay with them to protect them.

I am glad he was permanently adopted by Lindord. I am sure they will have many happy years together,
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Delightful story. "Lindord ended by saying: ‘I came to Ecuador to win the World Championship. Instead, I got a new friend’. " This brought tears to my eyes. Thanks, Tobi, for this inspiring thread.
He is a lovely dog. And when I look at his face I see 'something going on in there'....

I feel his reason for following the Team was a bit more than him just being on the look-out for extra food. The sheer determination he must have needed to keep up was a deeper motivation than food. Well....that's what I feel anyway.

Sometimes two Souls are meant to meet and be together. They have an appointment, of a long-standing friendship, and when that happens, they both know it. I sense that dog knew it.

Often, it takes animals a lot less time to realise that, than it does Humans.

But then, of course, the Iron Man Challenge is just a 'jolly good walkies' for many dogs! Humans are WAY too soft! LOL!
The dog did come out of nowhere to join the men. It was meant to be. Lindord and Arthur were made for each other.

Dogs are pretty tough so maybe it was just a really good walk for Arthur. The fact that he could keep up means he is the right dog for an athlete. I guess there is a dog match for everyone. I am happy to see the two of them meet their match.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine