Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kate
Rainbow 
Last Friday Kate was finally relieved from her pain. She had been fighting parasites for a few months. I think she must have had them since I got her. She just kept dropping weight. We had gotten rid of the parasites but she had lost a lot of weight and it was a fight to keep her hydrated. I think her digestive system was compromised. Over Thanksgiving she went down hill fast. That night I could tell she was just barely hanging on. I held her for a bit I said goodbye and she was gone when I checked on her Friday.

She was a mean little thing and never liked to be handled but she was fun to watch. And she was beautiful. She loved to sun bathe in her heat lamp or lay in her water bowl.

My mom and I buried her in the back yard next to my Rabbit Scratch and all my hamsters. She's not in pain any more. Sweet girl can sun bathe all she wants now.
I am so sorry Libby. You tried very hard to save Kate. I think she must have been sick for some time. You did everything possible and now she is at peace. Sometimes we just can't fix things no matter how hard we try. You will miss her, sweet pretty little lizard that she was. Smiley19
My deepest sympathy to you and rest in peace little Kate.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I am very sorry to read your news, Libby. Run free on astral fields, dear Kate!
Thank you. I still go through periods where I think I didn't do enough or I should have taken her to the vet sooner but then I realize I did do every thing I can do. I had no way of knowing she was sick until she began to drop weight. I took her in soon after that. It was all just bad timing. From the burn on her tail, then adjusting to a new home, and me getting used to her. Poor baby is free now.
You did more than most people would have done. If she had a chance, she had it with you. I think she knew you were trying to help her. There was just too much wrong. It is hard with the little reptiles. There are limited things that you can do to help.

I am so sorry that you couldn't save her. She was loved and cared for while she was with you and now she is free of pain. I guess that is the best she could hope for.

She can join my reptile friends on the Rainbow Bridge and they can run free while they wait for us.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine