Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soi Dog petition against dog meat trade.
We have posted about Soi Dog before and the rescue work they do. They have a petition going against the illegal dog meat trade in Thailand. I think it is worth signing. Every bit helps.

https://savedogs.soidog.org/petition?%3F...ent=ad2-R4

I don't know what it will take to stop this, something must be done.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I signed. This whole thing is heartbreaking.
Thanks to Soi Dog for some good work.
Those poor dogs.
It is going to take time and many dogs will be lost, but in the end they will stop it. The fact that it is illegal should tell people that it is wrong. The way they treat the dogs is horrible. If people learn what goes on they will reject it. At least the good people will reject it.

I just don't understand this idea that the meat of an animal that is suffering is somehow better or good for you. Common sense says otherwise. Shouldn't it be dangerous to your health to eat an animal that was tortured to death for you. It certainly would be dangerous to your spirit.
I should be glad that I don't understand the thinking.

I am just glad Soi Dog is able to save some dogs and works to stop the whole industry. I wish them every success.
Catherine

Me and Simon both just signed. This is another issue that has always been very close to my heart. The way that these poor dogs are treated is inconceivable.
"And ye harm none, do what ye will" ~ Wiccan Rede
Just signed. A terrible, terrifyingly cruel trade which can be stamped out if there is enough publicity and enough people are made aware of it. The billboard sponsoring they mention is a good idea.
If it becomes publically known how they treat dogs it will affect the tourist trade. They won't want that. Thailand counts on the tourist industry for much of its income.

If we all push and make our displeasure known then we can influence things. Some day the dog meat industry will just be a horrible memory. Unfortunately many dogs will suffer before change can happen.
Catherine