Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murray settles down.
For the past year Murray has kept me entertained with his wanderings. He was sometimes with the boys, sometimes with Flora and sometimes alone. I never knew where he would be a meal times so I always had to do a separate plate for Murray so I could feed him where-ever he was.
He really liked Lambert and he really likes Flora. After Lambert's death he visited the boys a bit and then one day he stopped. Now he is clearly bonded with Flora and they are settled with each other. She is much calmer with Murray around. The three boys have settled into routines together and are quite happy. It all seemed to depend on Murray. Now that he is settled, they all are settled.
[Image: IMG_0904.JPG]
Murray, there is lots of him to love
[Image: IMG_0903.JPG]
Miss Flora is a pretty girl
[Image: IMG_0905.JPG]
Sharing an enclosure
[Image: IMG_0908.JPG]
Comfortable with each other.
[Image: IMG_0970.JPG]
Happy to share a pillow
[Image: IMG_0907.JPG]
The three boys together
[Image: IMG_0906.JPG]
They are comfortable with each other and can give each other space when they need it.
[Image: IMG_0899.JPG]
They like to snuggle for nap time.
[Image: IMG_0895.JPG]
Murray is a special piggie, they are all special.Heart
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Perhaps Murray was 'feeling his way' with Flora, making sure she didn't mind him hanging out with her on a more regular basis....
You never know where he is at mealtimes.....(sounds like an average teenager! lol) "Yeah mum....whatever"

I am glad they are all more settled. It seems they look to Murray for some kind of guidance?
Quote:It seems they look to Murray for some kind of guidance?

I think so. Murray is the herd leader. Even though they are in two enclosures, they are really one herd. They can see each other and they talk.

You might be right about Murray going slowly with Flora. They have gradually warmed up to each other. They used to share space, now they are a couple.

I can relax and feel good about my guinea pigs. They are all happy and settled with each other. I like to set things up so that my pets are comfortable and happy. Fortunately guinea pigs are easy to please. I know what brand of pellets they like and they love the big box of hay and of course they love their veggies and fruit. So easy, the key to a guinea pigs heart is food.Smiley4
Catherine

Well done Murray. He's taken his time to be sure that Flora was ok with it. What a considerate Gentleman he is.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Murray really is special and all the other piggies look to him. As long as he is calm and happy the other piggies are settle and content. It is funny how there is dynamic to their relationships. Flora didn't like Robbie and it took her time to feel okay with Murray. The other boys love Robbie and their enclosure revolves around Robbie and what he is doing.
But Murray is the head pig. He is calm and dignified and just such a sweetie.Heart
Catherine