Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monkey revives his friend
A monkey ran onto the train tracks in Kanpur, India, and was electrocuted. Another monkey then worked very hard to revive him. It looks pretty brutal....but it works. After some minutes, the electrocuted monkey was revived.

https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/editor-picks....html?vp=1

This shows not only compassion but common sense about what might revive his friend who had been knocked unconscious. And he didn't give up until he saw results.
That was pretty amazing. It wasn't standard CPR, but I worked. There must be an instinctive first aid response that somehow guided the rescue monkey to help the injured one. It is impressive that he saved his friend, but it is also impressive that he tried.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That is just incredible. He just wouldn't give up until his friend was back and then sat and groomed him. How wonderful.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
We underestimate monkeys some times. It makes me wonder how many other things happen that we don't know about. Animals may do a great many things of which we are unaware.

Who knows what we will see if we really start watching.

I am glad the monkey survived.
Catherine

Another page which I have bookmarked and may well refer to on my website at its next revision. It ties in well with Catherine's recent post about an orangutang being recognised a non-human person by a Canadian court. Great find, Tobi!
It was a Brazilian court that recognized the personhood status of an Orangutan. If Canada tried to tackle an issue like this it would get lost between the different levels of government. Twenty years from now they would almost be ready to rule on whether it is a provincial or federal matter. I don't mean they would be ruling on the case. They would be ruling on what level of the courts would have jurisdiction over the matter.

I can see how the two stories are linked. The behavior of the monkey is so impressive that he should get some human award for bravery. After what he did, I think the monkey should have some rights. Certainly the basic right to life should be part of the package.

This is going to be a subject to watch in the future.
Catherine

Silly of me to write that it was a Canadian court....it was Argentinian.
It's my feeling the animals are helping us to wake up and understand and observe. And I think the many stories, photos, news articles which go round the internet are really speeding this up. Look at all the people recording videos on their phones. They, and all the people they share those videos with will stop and think a bit more than they might have done before.

The animals are showing us a lot of things, and the more these events are shared worldwide, the better.
Quote:Silly of me to write that it was a Canadian court....it was Argentinian.
I wish it was a Canadian court. We have a long way to go, what with fur farming and trapping, seal slaughters and our transport of farm animas over long roads. Undecided

I think cell phones with video cameras that can send images have done a lot to change the world in many ways. Also the whole social media scene has made things immediate. Someone can text/tweet about an incident and gather a crowd right away. That is how some dogs intended for food were rescued.

If you got a message that you were needed to save some animals. like me, you would rush to do it.

Also the image of a monkey saving a friend is out there and most people have seen it. The important information is reaching people right away. I love the new technology. It opens doors to doing good things.
Catherine