Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forest web cam--quite a sight
This is an amazing video of busy forest trail. You will be astounded at how much activity there is.

http://www.web.uvic.ca/~darimont/while-you-were-away/

I was surprized at the number of different species who used the same trail.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

That's a really good find. I love the bear playing in the puddle and then having a good scratch. Then the Heron majestically walking through the shot. The geese made me laugh, why walk when you can fly? They all do it though. And those wolves are just so busy.
Again, another great film, thanks, Catherine.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I really enjoyed this little video! I like the way the wolf avoids the puddle, and the bear just rolls in it. Thanks for finding this little gem Catherine.
There were so many different animals and they each had their own way.
You are right, the geese and the Heron walked when they can fly. Why? Secrecy? I have no idea.

The bear was the funniest, but bears are the forest clowns.Smiley4
Catherine

I love going through camera trap images! Everyone has said they find it so tedious but I love seeing what goes on when you're not looking. Of course I suppose when you have 20,000+ images and 18,000 of them are blades of grass that moved in the wind I can understand it gets boring!

Flying requires more energy than walking, so maybe that's why.
Quote:Flying requires more energy than walking, so maybe that's why.
Very likely that's it. For a short distance walking is better. Most birds do walk. They save flying for times when they need to fly.

It can take a lot of work to go through a video like that and pull out the highlights, but it is so worth it. Look how interesting and varied the images are. Who knew that a little forest path was such a busy place.
Catherine