Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs banned from transport - and worse
Excellent posts, AF, Tobi and Catherine. I can't add anything much to what you have written. As Catherine says, it looks like the guide dog issue in particular will have to be fought all over again, but from a different angle. It is disturbing that in the case of the bus driver who left a blind person with his guide dog at the bus stop, refusing to take them further, the matter was "dealt with internally", but no action was taken. "Dealt with internally" in organisation language means "discussed by a manager with the employee", not any form of disciplinary action. In other words, the employee may well do the same again.

Tobi, what you wrote was very fair. No-one, but no-one, is going to delete what you have written! Catherine, I would agree with you totally that God, the Creator of souls, the Universal Power of Love, call it what one likes, would much prefer that our actions and thoughts help others for good, rather than concentrating on self (me, me, me) and ritual purity. What good is ritual purity if one's actions leave a blind person stranded?

To take a Christian example, although there are lots of examples in other religions (including Islam), the Pharisees strongly criticised Jesus for healing people on the sabbath day, when they said no work of any kind - even healing! - should be done. His view, however, was that doing good was far more important than blindly following ritualistic rules.

Messages In This Thread
Dogs banned from transport - and worse - by LPC - 12-31-2014, 07:49 PM
RE: Dogs banned from transport - and worse - by LPC - 01-01-2015, 10:06 PM