Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Bosnian Dogs Fundraising 8 days to go!
Thank you Catherine and LPC.
I wanted to do something for them. If I lived there I would roll up my sleeves and help. I had to ration my donations recently, as there are so many causes I wanted to assist, but money doesn't grow on trees! LOL
(Wish I was a millionaire!)

So if I can't volunteer to clean....can't take food to them...can't help those dogs practically, and have to be a bit thoughtful about what I spend...I knew the only other option was to try to raise some money for them.

The problem is, there are so many worthy causes worldwide, where animals are getting a rough deal, and just need a little kindness and decent conditions. Maybe I'll do some others in the future.

In such places as Bosnia Herzegovina, the authorities do little to help the plight of those dogs. Only the volunteers on the front line are helping, and they need support and resources. The life of those dogs is something fairly unimaginable in a country like Britain. Even in Britain things are not perfect, but Bosnia seems 'off the map' as far as kindness and compassion for those street dogs is concerned.

I have never done anything like this before....so it may work out as a bit of a 'Heath Robinson' affair, with lots of paper glue, string and sellotape involved!

I got some small leaflets done -to give away to people at the 'stall':
(this is just a photo of one)...

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Bosnian Dogs Fundraising 8 days to go! - by Tobi - 01-03-2015, 04:01 AM